2. Meyerhof, G. G., and Adams, J. I., The ultimate uplift capacity of foundations, Canadian Geotech. J., 5(4)225, 1968.
3. Caquot, A., and Kerisel, J., Tables for Calculation of Passive Pressure, Active Pressure, and Bearing Capacity of Foundations, Gauthier- Villars, Paris, 1949.
4. Das, B. M., and Seeley, G. R., Breakout resistance of horizontal
anchors, J. Geotech. Eng. Div., ASCE, 101(9), 999, 1975.
5. Meyerhof, G. G., Uplift resistance of inclined anchors and piles, in Proc., VIII Int. Conf. Soil Mech. Found. Eng., Moscow, USSR, 2.1, 1973, 167.
6. Das, B. M., and Jones, A. D., Uplift capacity of rectangular foundations in sand, Trans. Res. Rec. 884, National Research Council, Washington, DC, 54, 1982.
7. Vesic, A. S., Cratering by explosives as an earth pressure problem, in Proc., VI Int. Conf. Soil Mech. Found. Eng., Montreal, Canada, 2, 1965, 427.
8. Vesic, A. S., Breakout resistance of objects embedded in ocean bottom, J. Soil Mech. Found. Div., ASCE, 97(9), 1183, 1971.
9. Saeedy, H. S., Stability of circular vertical earth anchors, CanadianGeotech. J., 24(3), 452, 1987.
10. Baker, W. H., and Kondner, R. L., Pullout load capacity of a circular earth anchor buried in sand, Highway Res. Rec.108, National Research Council, Washington, DC, 1, 1966.
11. Sutherland, H. B., Model studies for shaft raising through cohesionless soils, in Proc., VI Int. Conf. Soil Mech. Found. Eng., Montreal Canada, 2, 1965, 410
12. Esquivel-Diaz, R. F., Pullout Resistance of Deeply Buried Anchors in Sand, M.S. Thesis, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, 1967.
13. Kulhawy, F. H., Trautman, C. H., and Nicolaides, C. N., Spread foundations in uplift: experimental study, Found. for Transmission Towers, Geotech. Spec. Pub. 8, ASCE, 110, 1987.
14. Das, B. M., Model tests for uplift capacity of foundations in clay, Soils and Foundations, Japan, 18(2), 17, 1978.
15. Ali, M., Pullout Resistance of Anchor Plates in Soft Bentonite Clay, M.S. Thesis, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, 1968.
16. Kupferman, M., The Vertical Holding Capacity of Marine Anchors in Clay Subjected to Static and Dynamic Loading, M.S. Thesis, Univer- sity of Massachusetts, Amherst, , USA, 1971.
17. Adams, J. K., and Hayes, D. C., The uplift capacity of shallow foundations, Ontario Hydro. Res. Quarterly, 19(1), 1, 1967.
18. Bhatnagar, R. S., Pullout Resistance of Anchors in Silty Clay, M.S. Thesis, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, 1969.
19. Das, B. M., A procedure for estimation of ultimate uplift capacity of foundations in clay, Soils and Foundations, Japan, 20(1), 77, 1980.